Monday, February 22, 2010

aloha is hawaiin for hello and goodbye... so, i like where we are.

God, if you can hear, can you help me and my friends?
We've been driving all night into dead ends.
We just wanna find our own way home again.
We knew you as kids but lost you in smokey bars.
We lost you in the boom of lowered cars -
in parties that grew into the yard

God, if you can hear, as the sun is creeping down,
Could you kindly point me right out of town?
Honestly I'm sick and tired of falling down.
We knew you'd be here in the fray of darkest nights,
and the sad and holy glow of tv light,
in the blood and the bruise of back-alley fights.

So we're totally deprived,
buried alive
I couldn't help myself to save my life

Totally deprived
Buried alive
I couldn't help myself to save my life [x3]

Totally deprived

those would be the lyrics to the song 'modern day prayer' by twothirtyeight. i know next to nothing about twothirtyeight, only that the singer went on to start discover america. whose one song that i do have is amazing.
anyways, the creation of this blog comes on the wings of a 'jesus high'. you know, the post retreat glow that is oh-so inspiring and gets you out of your bed an extra 15 minutes early to read your bible? but then gradually fades and one is left to wander how you got back in the same rut? yeah, that thing.
except this time, it feels different. having just had a fantastic and eye opening weekend, i thought i would start this to process my thoughts to a certain degree. trying to figure out life is an intriguing thing, and i often think as though my throughts are going to be made open to the world. so, here they are, open to the world.
while the major focus of this blog will be books and music relating to a christian walk, i will probably digress into other things such as personality types and interpersonal relationships, just because they fascinate me.

i think that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment